Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Rawlins to Denver, CO

BETH writes - Today after much deliberation I made the hardest decision of the trip. My wounds are sore and nasty and my mind is a mess from the Basin so I have decided to skip 130 miles of the trail and drive to Denver with my family. This was not an easy decision, but Dad said it is the smartest thing I could do. I would have three days to let myself heal more and my friend Bethany from college flies in on Sunday. Monday we will start again from Steamboat Springs in a better place and feeling better. We drove from Rawlins to Laramie - where the University of Wyoming is. It is a nice campus! Laramie to the Sierra Trading Post Outlet store and then to Denver. I am very happy to see the trees and mountains again!!!
BETH writes on July 16th - I feel very strange having had two days off. The time I definitely need for my mind, body and bike. Dad, Ann and Don flew home this AM, sadly. We will miss them!! I FINALLY got my bike fixed at the largest shop I have ever been in - Bicycle Village! They fixed my bike while I waited. They had over 500 bikes on the floor and I got to watch part of the Tour while I waited. One of the mechanics asked me about the tattoo on the back of my arm until he walked closer and exclaimed - oh, ouch! Well at least I have a good story to go along with my serious road rash. After some wonderful chinese food. Mom and I went to the Denver Science and Nature Museum. The museum was cool! They had a traveling expo that discussed Lewis and Clark and their exploration. We also saw a IMax about their adventures. I highly recommend the Imax if it comes to town!!! Of course laundry and groceries were priorities. Two trips to the airport tomorrow and then we are off to Steamboat Springs and I am excited to be back on the trail and out of the city!
BETH writes of July 17th - Today Mom and I packed up, had lunch and hung out at the Denver airport waiting for my friend Bethany to fly in from North Carolina and my Mom's cousin Sue to arrive from Wisconsin. Once both had arrived we packed the car full again, and were off to Kremmling for the night. Tomorrow the ride would resume.

No comments: